Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mr. Mason, revisited

Look at this! Mason jars have been re-released in the 1.5-pint size. I know some may not find this as exciting as I do, but I know I am not alone in my adoration of this humble vessel. I use my Masons for my everyday drinking glasses, and water with lemon is my constant companion. This is the perfect size for so many things ~ you know, when a pint is too small and a quart is too big. I found mine at ACE Hardware. (The come 9 to a box.)

Also, another great find was the travel mug adaptor, as I have been known to take my non-lidded Mason with me when I am scooting about town in Miss Daisy. I no longer buy bottled water for home use, and I cannot stand to drink water out of a stainless steel bottle. The solution ~ meet the CUPPOW, especially designed for Mason nerds like me. (This also works if you are drinking coffee from your jar, but a cozy of some sort would be needed to keep your hands from being burned. I have seen many of them on Etsy.)

As for Mr. Mason's coaster, it is my latest finish, Harriet Hazlin 1869 by The Sampler House (Eileen Bennett). Don't you just love simple marking samplers? Miss Harriet was stitched on an older piece of 40-count Lakeside Linen Vintage Navy Bean using Gumnut silk.

That's it for today from The Garden Gate! I hope you are all having a lovely week!

2 comments:

Beehive Needleworks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beehive Needleworks said...

Oh my, what a refreshing photograph... and such a delightful idea! You have transformed me into a Mr. Mason snob!
The wee peek of Harriet Hazlin is gorgeous!
Wishing you a splendid day Joy!
Hugs...
Judy x